Corporal Julian L. Evans of Burrville, TN, was killed in action in Germany while serving with the Corps of Engineers. He was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Jerome Evans. He was returned to the United States on December 1, 1947, and was laid to rest at the U.S. National Cemetery in Knoxville, B, 6772.
Corporal Evans was initially buried at the American War Cemetery Henri-Chapelle in Belgium.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 30 September 1917
- Date of death: 3 December 1944
- County: Morgan
- Hometown: Burrville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Corps of Engineers
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Julian L. Evans
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.