Joseph Tribble was born in Wilkes County, North Carolina in 1898. He joined the Army at the age of 21. He sailed with the vessel Northumberland, departing from Brooklyn, New York on 11 May 1918. He died of wounds received in action in France in 1918.
Corporal, Company E, 117th Infantry
Son of Thomas Tribble, Kingsport
My uncle Joe is buried in an unmarked grave somewhere in Oak Hill cemetery In Kingsport TN. How can we find his grave and have a marker placed by the VA?
–Submitted by Sheila Trent-Lett, great niece (email@example.com)
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 24 January 1898
- Date of death: 7 October 1918
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Kingsport
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company F, 117th Infantry
- Theater: France, Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Bellecourt near Estrées
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Kingsport, Sullivan County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Joseph Tribble
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.