Joseph Fred Pennington was born on 25 October 1921, Mountain City, Johnson County, Tennessee to John Claude Pennington and Callie Victoria Nichols.
He Died non Battle 13 August 1945
327th A.A.F., Squadron D
S/Sgt Pennington died at Drew Field, Tampa, Hillsborough County, Florida
The Tamp Tribune, 14 August 1945
S/Sgt Joseph F. Pennington, 22, Drew Field, was killed instantly yesterday morning at 2:20 o’clock by a hit-and-run driver on Dale Mabry highway near the Gandy boulevard intersection. Pennington was walking with T/Sgt. Leo J. Black, according to Drew field public relations officer. The body was dragged for 40 feet. The car left the scene without stopping. Black was unable to obtain the license number. Pennington was attached to Squadron D, 327th AAF base unit. He has a brother in Bashtington, N.C.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 25 October 1921
- Date of death: 13 August 1945
- County: Johnson
- Hometown: Mountain City
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 327th A.A.F., Squadron D
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Pine Hill Cemetery, Burlington, Alamance County, NC
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Joseph F. Pennington
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.