Joseph David McKinney
South Harriman High School, class of 1943; was killed 28 November 1944 in the Battle of the Bulge.
His brother, Orville McKinney, SHHS class of 1940, served in the US Navy.
Private First Class McKinney served in Company A, 702nd Tank Battalion Red Devils. He was listed as Missing in Action, then changed to Killed in Action at Farebersville. He was initially buried at Limey Cemetery in Toul, France and reburied at Lorraine American Cemetery, St-Avold France, J,20,27.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 28 November 1944
- County: Roane
- Hometown: Harriman, Tn
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 702nd Tank Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Battle of the Bulge
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lorraine American Cemetery, St. Avold (Moselle), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Joseph D. McKinney
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.