Private First Class John W. Bliscerd #34492776 served in the 736th Tank Battalion. At the time of his death the 736th had crossed the Rhine River in support of the 83rd Infantry Division and reached the Elbe River on 13 April 1945. He died on 15 April 1945 and is interred at F, 15, 15 Netherlands American Cemetery, Margarten, Netherlands.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 19 February 1921
- Date of death: 15 April 1945
- County: Loudon
- Hometown: Philadelphia, TN
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 736th Tank Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart with 2 Oak Leaf Clusters
- Burial/Memorial Location: Netherlands American Cemetery, Margraten, Netherlands
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John W. Bliscerd
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.