Born 18 October 1925
Died 26 March 1945
Buried at Lenoir City Cemetery, Lenoir City, TN
Private First Class
354th Infantry, 89th Division, Company E
Lenoir City News, July 28, 1949
Funeral services and re-interment for Pfc. John T. Perkins, 19, will be held at the Highland Park Baptist Church. Burial will be in the city cemetery.
Pfc. Perkins was killed in action in Germany, March 26, 1945. His body arrived here for re-interment and was escorted to They Guy F. Tallent Funeral Home by members of American Leigon Post 70. Perkins was assigned to the Infantry and received his basic training at Fort McClellan, Alabama. Surviving besides his parents, Mr. and Mrs. H.H. Perkins are four brothers, Earl, Harvey, Frank and Jimmy; five sisters, Judith, Willie Mae, Patsy and Alice Perkins and Mrs. Betty Boudwell of Kentucky.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 18 October 1925
- Date of death: 26 March 1945
- County: Loudon
- Hometown: Lenoir City
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 354th Infantry, 89th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lenoir City Cemetery, Lenoir City, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John T. Perkins
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.