John Thomas Adams was born on 25 December 1917 to Samuel Cornelous Adams and Elsie May Parks. Husband of Myrtle Pruett.
Died 15 May 1945
167th Infantry Regiment
Returned from overseas USAF Cemetery Leyte No. 1 P.I. in 1949.
Buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 8 June 1945
Sgt. John T. Adams, 1605 Anderson Avenue, son of S.C. Adams and husband of Mrs. John T. Adams, killed in action on Mindanao Island in the Philippines. Sgt. Adams, 27, was serving with the 167th Infantry on Mindanao when he was reported killed in action. A graduate of Central High School, he was employed at the Cavalier Corporation here before entering the army three and a half years ago. He had been overseas for the past 15 months. In addition to his wife and his father, Sgt. Adams is survived by a sister, Miss Kathryn Adams and his grandmother, Mrs. T.F. Parker, of Chattanooga.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 25 December 1917
- Date of death: 15 May 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 167th Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John T. Adams
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.