John Shelton was born on 20 December 1888 in McMinn County, Tennessee to William Shelton and Sarah Fauls. He married Delia Henry on 15 April 1917. They had one son together, Earnie Lee Shelton.
Pvt Shelton was a farmer before his induction into military service on July 23, 1918 at Camp Gordon, Georgia. Pvt Shelton died in France of pneumonia on 3 October 1918.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 20 December 1888
- Date of death: 3 October 1918
- County: McMinn
- Hometown: Athens
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 18 Company, Camp Gordon September Draft
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Ward Cemetery, McMinn County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John Shelton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.