John Smith Henry Jr. was born 31 July 1893 in Kentucky. He enlisted June 8, 1917 in the University of Tennessee Ambulance Unit, later known as Ambulance Co. No. 533. Trained at Allentown, PA, and sailed to France in December 1917. His company was assigned for duty to the 30th French Division. Met his death May 3, 1918, after an accidental shooting.
He is buried at Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne, France, F, 9, 11.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 31 July 1893
- Date of death: 3 May 1918
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Bristol
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: United States Ambulance Service
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John S. Henry Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.