Pvt John Raymond Henry was the son of Lawson Henry and Rachel Ethel Finchum.
The Knoxville Journal, October 26, 194
Pvt. John R. Henry, son of Mrs. Ethel Henry of Route 2, Sevierville, who was seriously wounded in action in France, September 8, died in September as the results of those wounds, according to word received by Mrs. Henry from the Adjutant General’s Office in Washington.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 24 January 1921
- Date of death: 15 September 1944
- County: Sevier
- Hometown: Sevierville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Hills Union Cemetery, Dandridge, Jefferson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John R. Henry
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.