Private John Richard Baskette was assigned to the 357th Infantry Regiment, 90th Division. The Division was involved with fighting in the Normandy region. He died on 7 August 1944 and is interred at K,13,6 Brittany American Cemetery, St James, France.
The Greenville Sun, October 6, 1944
Pvt John R. Baskette was killed in action Aug. 7 in France. He went in the Infantry and went overseas in June. He was in combat only two weeks. He is survived by his parents, Mr. and Mrs. T.E. Baskette, Limestone, Rt. 4; two brother, Thomas Ray and Donald and one sister, Mrs. Louise Solomon of Buffalo, N.Y.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 15 August 1924
- Date of death: 7 August 1944
- County: Greene
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 357th Infantry Regiment, 90th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Brittany American Cemetery, St. James (Manche), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John R. Baskette
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.