Private First Class John Paul Isaacs was born on October 14, 1944, and was originally from Cleveland, Ohio. He served his country in the Vietnam War in the United States Army, as an infantryman in B Company, 1st Battalion, 5th Infantry Regiment, 25th Infantry Division. His tour in Vietnam began on January 8, 1966. A few months later, on April 23, 1966, PFC Isaacs was killed under accidental, non-hostile conditions in Hau Nghia province, South Vietnam; he was 21 at the time of his death. PFC Isaacs is memorialized on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Panel 6E, Line 130.
Photo courtesy; Tom Reese
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 14 October 1944
- Date of death: 23 April 1966
- County: Carter
- Hometown: Cleveland, OH
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 5th Infantry Regiment, 25th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Burial/Memorial Location: Happy Valley Memorial Park, Elizabethton, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John P. Isaacs
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.