2nd Lt. John McDowell King was born in Georgia and the son of Chandler King and Virginia McDowell.
He was the pilot of aircraft P-38J with serial number 42-104071 and died non battle in a flying accident on 4 May 1944 in Italy.
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 19 November 1923
- Date of death: 4 May 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 27th Fighter Squadron, 1st Fighter Group
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Oak Grove Cemetery, Saint Marys, Camden County, Georgia
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John M. King