Private John Looney was born in 1897 in Rogersville, Tennessee, son of John Looney Sr. He served in the 20th Engineer Regiment. He died of empyema on 22 May 1919 and is interred at A,15,22 St Mihiel American Cemetery, Thiaucourt, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 29 August 1897
- Date of death: 22 May 1919
- County: McMinn
- Hometown: Athens
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 20th Surveying Company, 20th Engineer Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: St. Mihiel American Cemetery, Thiaucourt, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John Looney
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.