John J. Womble was born 12 May 1890 to W.H. Womble and Alice Mason. He entered the service May 12, 1917 at Chattanooga and received his training at Fort Oglethorpe in Georgia. He was killed in action at Soissons, France and initially buried at the American Cemetery 593, Ploisy, Aisne in France. He is buried at the Chattanooga National Cemetery, S, 14116.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 12 May 1890
- Date of death: 27 July 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company I, 26th Infantry Regiment, 1st Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Cantigny, Soissons
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, Hamilton County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John J. Womble
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.