John Jack Poe was born in Chattanooga, Tennessee on 10 July 1925 to John James Poe and Mildred E Maxie.
Died 5 May 1945
Cpl. Poe was killed in an attack on a fortified Japanese position near Dakeshi village on Okinawa. He was serving with Company G, Second Battalion, Seventh Marines, First Marine Division.
Cpl Poe was initially buried at Okinawa, 1st Marine Division Cemetery. Buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery, Y, 524.
Parents: Mr. and Mrs. James Poe, 3519 North Orchard Knob Avenue, Chattanooga
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 10 July 1925
- Date of death: 5 May 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Okinawa
- Awards: Purple Heart, Silver Star
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John J. Poe
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.