Born 18 January 1917
Killed in action 13 September 1944 just a few miles east of Aachen, Germany.
Buried at Highland Cemetery, Rogersville, TN
16th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division, Company L
Rogersville Review, May 11, 1944
Pvt John Ferrell, son of Mrs. Mollie Ferrell of Rogersille, has been in England for several months. He is in the infantry and entered the service just before the war.
Rogersville Review, October 19, 1944
Pvt. John Ferrell, son of Mrs. Mollie Ferrell, of Rogersville, was killed in Belgium September 13, 1944. Pvt Ferrell was one of the first men to go from Hawkins county in the draft.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 18 January 1917
- Date of death: 13 September 1944
- County: Hawkins
- Hometown: Rogersville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 16th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Highland Cemetery, Rogersville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John J. Ferrell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.