Originally from Hamilton County, Tennessee, John Henley was born in 1887. He was married to Etta Henley of Rossville, Georgia, and worked as a shop machinist before enlisting in the United States Navy on November 27, 1914. He served his country in World War I before passing away from a respiratory disease in a hospital in Leith, Scotland, on November 2, 1918. He is buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Photo from the Chattanooga Sunday Times Memorial Supplement, May 25, 1919
- Rank: Machinists Mate Second Class
- Date of birth: 25 November 1887
- Date of death: 2 November 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Rossville, GA
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: U.S.S. New York
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, Hamilton County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John Henley
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.