Lance Corporal John Henry Walker, Jr. was born on November 28, 1948, and was originally from Chattanooga, Tennessee. He served his country in the United States Marine Corps, as a mortarman in M Company, 3rd Battalion, 4th Marines, 3rd Marine Division. On September 7, 1967, LCpl. Walker was killed under hostile conditions in Quang Tri province, South Vietnam; he was 18 years old at the time of his death. LCpl. Walker is buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery Section U, Site 117-NS in Chattanooga, Tennessee. He is memorialized on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Panel 26E, Line 32. He was the recipient of the Purple Heart, the National Defense Medal, and the vietese Service Medal for his service to his country.
Photo courtesy; Tom Reese
- Rank: Lance Corporal
- Date of birth: 28 November 1948
- Date of death: 7 September 1967
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 4th Marines, 3rd Marine Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Purple Heart, National Defense Medal, Vietnam Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John H. Walker Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.