John Henry Miller Jr. was born on 25 August 1922 to John Henry Miller and Magnolia Waggoner.
He died of wounds on 25 June 1944 in Saipan.
Buried at Skaggs Cemetery, Maynardville, TN
2nd Marines, 2nd Marine Division, Company B
Pfc. John H. Miller Jr., died on June 25 of wounds received in the battle of Saipan in the Pacifc, according to word received by his father, John H. Miller of Maynardville. Prior to his enlistment in the Marine Corps, Nov. 13, 1942, Pfc. Miller worked at the Goodall Co.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 25 August 1922
- Date of death: 25 June 1944
- County: Union
- Hometown: Maynardville
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 2nd Marines, 2nd Marine Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Skaggs Cemetery, Maynardville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John H. Miller Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.