Born 17 September 1918 to Robert Raymond Hamilton and Annie Elizabeth Reed
Died 7 January 1945
U.S. Army, Infantry
Sgt Hamilton was initially buried at the American War Cemetery Henri-Chapelle in Belgium. Buried at the Knoxville National Cemetery, B, 6429.
The Knoxville News-Sentinel, 19 December 1947
Sgt. John H. Hamilton, 26, died in Belgium Jan. 7, 1945. Survivors: mother, Mrs. Anna Reed Hamilton, Butler, Tenn.; six sisters, Mrs. Raby watts, Elizabethton, Mrs. Annabell Harmon, Misses Ossie, Nettie, Beulah and Virginia Hamilton.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 17 September 1918
- Date of death: 7 January 1945
- County: Johnson
- Hometown: Butler
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Infantry
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John H. Hamilton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.