John Henry Evans was the son of Isaac Marion Evans and Lillie Crain. He married Dora Mae Myers in Arizona on 18 July 1941 and they had a small son. Private First Class Evans had been in the service more than two years and overseas six months. He was killed in action in Germany.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 22 December 1913
- Date of death: 28 March 1945
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Tellico Plains
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 347th Infantry Regiment, 87th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Shady Grove Cemetery, Tellico Plains, Monroe County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John H. Evans
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.