John Henry Burchfield was born in Rockwood, Tennessee, son of John L. Burchfield and Mary Elizabeth Brown. He married Flora Shelton in 1912 and was father of Mary Cali Burchfield who died when she was one year old.
PFC Burchfield died of wounds received in action and was initially buried at the American Cemetery, Mintes, Loire-Inférieure, France.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 9 October 1895
- Date of death: 22 August 1918
- County: Roane
- Hometown: Rockwood
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 76th Field Artillery Regiment, 3rd Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Arlington County, Virginia
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John H. Burchfield
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.