Private John H. Blackburn was born on August 7, 1918. He was the son of George and Bessie Blackburn. He had one brother, Jacob S. Blackburn. He was married and worked as a machinist. He enlisted in the military on March 28, 1941 in Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia. He died on May 26, 1944. His death is listed as died non-battle. He is buried in Union Cemetery in Knox County.
The Knoxville Journal, May 30, 1944
Pvt. J.H. Blackburn, husband of Mrs. Pauline Blachburn, Route 2, Concord, died at 12:35 p.m. Friday at Drew Field, Fla., his wife was notified by the War Department yesterday. Private Blackburn is survived by his wife; daughter, Marie Blackburn. Funeral services will be held at Union Baptist Church.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 7 August 1918
- Date of death: 26 May 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Concord
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Union Cemetery, Ritta, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John H. Blackburn
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.