John Garrison was born 4 October 1890, Rhea Spring, Tennessee to A.J. and Eliza Garrison. He entered the service September 20, 1917 in Dayton, Tn and trained at Camp Gordon, Atlanta, Georgia; Camp Jackson, Columbia, S.C. and Fort Oglethorpe in Georgia. He sailed to Europe April 1, 1918 arriving on April 24. He was wounded in action in September and died of his wound on 15 September 1918 at St. Mihiel in France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 4 October 1890
- Date of death: 15 September 1918
- County: Rhea
- Hometown: Spring City
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company A, 11th Regiment, 5th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: St. Mihiel
- Burial/Memorial Location: Spring City Cemetery, Spring City, Rhea County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John Garrison
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.