Private John F. Murray was born on 1 August 1925 to Henry Carl Murray and Bettie Mae Taylor. He was Killed in Action 13 October 1944 in France.
Buried at Glen Alice Cemetery, Harriman, TN
313th Infantry Regiment, 79th Infantry Division, Company B
The Knoxville Journal, September 29, 1944
Mrs. John F. Murray, Oakdale has received word that her husband, Private Murray, has arrived safely in France. Private Murray is the son of Mrs. H.C. Murray of 703 Trenton Street, and was employed by a Harriman hosiery mill before entering the service. Mrs. Murray is the former Christine Davidson.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 1 August 1925
- Date of death: 13 October 1944
- County: Roane
- Hometown: Harriman
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 313th Infantry Regiment, 79th Infantry Division
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Glen Alice Cemetery, Harriman, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John F. Murray
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.