PFC John Edward Woods was initially buried at Sainte-Mère-Eglise #2 Cemetery at Carentan, France and reburied at Normandy American Cemetery, Plot D, Row 4, Grave 22.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 6 July 1944
- County: Morgan
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 329th Infantry Regiment, 83th Infantry Division
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John E. Woods
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.