John Evily Upton was born on 27 April 1891 at Daisy, Tennessee. He was married to Annie Loftis Upton. PVt Upton inducted into military service on 28 June 1918 at Camp Gordon, Chamblee in Georgia. He was a miner before his induction. He died at the Base Hospital at Brest in France and was initially buried at the American Cemetery Lambezellec, Finistere in France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 27 April 1891
- Date of death: 5 October 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Soddy
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 400th Casual Company
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John E. Upton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.