Private First Class was a member of the 159th Field Artillery Battalion, 25th Infantry Division. He was killed in action while fighting the enemy in South Korea.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, September 16, 1950
Pfc. John Branch, 24, son of Foster Branch of Bridgeport, Ala., was killed in action in Korea Sept. 24. He was serving with the infantry and had been in the army seven years. He is survived by his father, several brothers and sisters and Mrs. Delia White, an aunt, of Chattanooga.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 6 October 1922
- Date of death: 4 September 1950
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 159th Field Artillery Battalion, 25th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: New Cemetery, Bridgeport, Alabama
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John E. Branch
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.