John Donahoo was born in 1894 in Philadelphia, Tennessee. En route to France, Cpl Donahoo and Cpl Henry Houston were stricken. They were transferred to another ship which was returning to the states. They died before land was reached. Cpl Donahoo was the victim of pneumonia.
Died 24 September 1918
804th Pioneer Infantry, Company E
Buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery, Tennnessee, Section O, Grave 13399-C
The picture of Corporal Donahoo is from the Chattanooga Sunday Times Memorial Supplement, May 25, 1919.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 14 October 1894
- Date of death: 24 September 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company E, 804th Pioneer Infantry
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John Donahoo
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.