Technician Fifth Class John C. Baker was assigned to the 242nd Engineer Combat Battalion. He was killed in action 2 April 1945 on Kerama Island, in the Ryuku Islands and is listed on the Tablets of the Missing, Honolulu Memorial, Hawaii.
He was the son of John W. Baker and Alma Dora Moss and was twenty-three years old.
- Rank: Technician Fifth Class
- Date of birth: 8 April 1922
- Date of death: 2 April 1945
- County: Rhea
- Hometown: Spring City
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 242nd Engineer Combat Battalion
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Johnny Baker
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.