Corporal John Benjamin Gamble was born 27 April 1892 and was from Clinton, TN. He was the son of Samuel H. and Maggie Gamble. He was the brother of Young Gamble, Francis T. Gamble, Oscar Gamble, Ada L. Gamble, and Eugene Gamble. He grew up living and working on the family farm in Anderson County. During his service in World War I, Corporal Gamble served in Company C, 323rd Infantry, 81st Division. He was killed in action on November 11, 1918. He is buried in Gamble Cemetery in Oak Ridge.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 27 April 1892
- Date of death: 11 November 1918
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Clinton
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company C, 323rd Infantry Regiment, 81st Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Gamble Cemetery, Oak Ridge, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John B. Gamble
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.