Private John B. Clevenger US Army was assigned to the 319th Infantry Regiment, 80th Infantry Division. At the time of his death, the 319th was on the assault south of the Seille River, between Abaucourt and Latricourt, France. Private Clevenger was killed in action on the 9th of November 1944. He was interred at the Lorraine American Cemetery, J,39,30, St Avold, France.
Awards include the Purple Heart.
- Rank: Private
- Date of death: 9 November 1944
- County: Jefferson
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 319th Infantry Regiment, 80th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lorraine American Cemetery, St. Avold (Moselle), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John B. Clevenger
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.