Seaman (E3) John Andrew Collett served aboard the heavy cruiser USS Saint Paul (CA-73). On April 21, 1952, while the cruiser was firing at the enemy off the east coast of Kojo Area, Korea, powder exploded in a gun turret killing him.
- Rank: Seaman Third Class
- Date of birth: 10 February 1931
- Date of death: 21 April 1952
- County: Roane
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Saint Paul (CA-73)
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Action Ribbon, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Oak Grove Cemetery, Rockwood, Roane County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor John A. Collett
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.