Technician 5th Class Joe E. Dodson was assigned to the 51st Field Artillery Battalion, 6th Infantry Division. The Division in March 1945 was involved in the battle against the Japanese to retake Luzon Island, Philippines.
Tec5 Dodson was killed in action on the 4th of March 1945. He was interred at the Manila American Cemetery, Philippines, plot A, row 6, grave 149.
- Rank: Technician 5th Class
- Date of death: 4 March 1945
- County: Rhea
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 51st Field Artillery Battalion, 6th Infantry Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Bronze Star with Oak Leaf Cluster, Purple Heart with 2 Oak Leaf Cluster
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Joe E. Dodson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.