Born 18 December 1917
Died 10 July 1943
Buried at Mountain View Cemetery, Mountain City, TN
Private First Class
3rd Chemical Battalion, Headquarters Company
The Johnson County News, August 26, 1943
Pfc. Joe B. Snyder, gave his life for his country, July 10, 1943 in the North African area. He has been in the service since February 11, 1942 and has been across the waters since the last of April.
He was stationed in Alabama, Texas and Louisiana. Most of the time in Texas and was there before he was sent across. Joe was born at Shouns, Tenn., December 18, 1917. He is survived by his parents, Mr. and Mrs. J.J. Snyder, his wife, a six weeks old daughter, Ersula Joyce, and two brothers and five sisters. Joe had done all any boy could do for his country. He gave his life. Though heb e dead, his influence and sacrifice will live on in the hearts of those who love him and cherish his memory.
The Johnson County News, Mountain City, June 24, 1948
Joe B. Snyder, army, son of Mr. and Mrs. Joe Snyder, now of Bristol, Va., who was the husband of Hazel King Snyder, who has one daughter, Joyce. He was killed in Sicily on July 10, 1943.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 18 December 1917
- Date of death: 10 July 1943
- County: Johnson
- Hometown: Mountain City
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 3rd Chemical Battalion, Headquarters Company
- Theater: North Africa
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Mountain View Cemetery, Mountain City, Johnson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Joe B. Snyder
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.