Born 6 August 1923
Died 11 November 1944
Sgt Henry served with the 358th Infantry Regiment, 92th Infantry Division. He was killed on 11 November 1944 in combat at Koenigsmacher, France.
Buried at Roberts Cemetery, Richardson Cove, Sevier County, Tennessee
The Knoxville Journal, December 9, 1944
Sgt. Jessie R. Henry, 23, son of Mr. and Mrs. John T. Henry of Sevierville, Route 3, was killed in action in France, Nov. 11, according to a message received by his parents. Sergeant Henry had been in service one year and one week, and was overseas about eight months. He received his basic training at Camp Wheeler, Ga., and was holder of the Expert Infantryman’s Badge and the Silver Star for gallantry in action in France. In addition to his parents, he is survived by his wife, Mrs. Grace Henry.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 6 August 1923
- Date of death: 11 November 1944
- County: Sevier
- Hometown: Sevierville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 358th Infantry Regiment, 92th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart, Expert Infantryman’s Badge, Silver Star
- Burial/Memorial Location: Roberts Cemetery, Richardson Cove, Sevier County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Jessie R. Henry
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.