Jesse Harrison Long was born February 18, 1889 in Hickory Valley, in the Heiskell community. He was the son of Albert Long and Nancy Ellen Weaver.
He was a Private with Company B, 121st Infantry Regiment, 31st Infantry Division.
Jesse died of influenza while in service at Hempstead, Nassau, New York on October 5, 1918. He was returned to his hometown and was buried at Mount Pleasant Baptist Church Cemetery in Anderson County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 18 February 1889
- Date of death: 5 October 1918
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Heiskell
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 121st Infantry Regiment, 31st Infantry Division
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Mount Pleasant Baptist Church Cemetery, Anderson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Mineko Lewis
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.