Born 16 June 1920
Died 26 November 1943
577th Bomber Squadron, 392nd Bomber Group
Aircraft B-24H with serial number 42-7493, nickname Gregory the Great, was on a bombardment mission to Bremen in Germany. They crashed at 1217 hrs, 200 meters West of Friedriechskoog-Spitze. 2nd Lt Maupin was initially buried on 1 December 1943 at Kronprinsenkoog Cemetery, Germany. Buried now at Blue Springs Cemetery, Cleveland, TN.
Pilot, 1st Lt Henry P. Bolick Jr.
Co-Pilot, 2nd Lt Heber J. Smith
Navigator, 2nd Lt Jesse C. Maupin
Bombardier, 2nd Lt William L. Yarbrough Jr.
Radio Operator, T/Sgt George L. Campbell Jr.
Engineer/Top Turret Gunner, T/Sgt William E. Love
Asst. Engineer/Waist Gunner, S/Sgt Svend A. Krogh
Asst. Radio Operator, S/Sgt John J. Klinchok
Armorer Gunner/Belly Turret Gunner, S/Sgt Dalton W. Harris
Tail Gunner, S/Sgt James D. Craig
Bombardier/Gunner, 2nd Lt Joseph J. Kelley
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 16 June 1920
- Date of death: 26 November 1943
- County: Bradley
- Hometown: Cleveland
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 577th Bomber Squadron, 392nd Bomber Group
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Blue Springs Cemetery, Cleveland, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Jesse C. Maupin
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.