Born on 2 June 1921 in Tennesse, son of Sam A. Anderson and Mary Margaret Pirtle, Jesse C. Anderson married Edna Lee Gass 5 January 1943 in Crossville, TN, his hometown. He enlisted on 6 April 1943 at Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia. He was Killed in Action in Italy on 22 June 1944.
He is buried in Murfreesboro, Rutherland County, TN.
According to the article below he lived in Murfreesboro before he entered the service, where he worked for his sisters, who operated a cafe in this town. This is probably the reason why he is buried there.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 2 June 1921
- Date of death: 22 June 1944
- County: Cumberland
- Hometown: Crossville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Italian Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Evergreen Cemetery, Murfreesboro, Rutherford County
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Jesse C. Anderson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.