Lance Corporal Jerry Lee Bell was born on March 27, 1946, and was originally from Chattanooga, Tennessee. He served his country in the Vietnam War in the Marine Corps, as a member of H&S Company, 1st Battalion, 3rd Marine Division. Lance Corporal Bell had been serving on his tour for over one year when he died of gunfire wounds on March 22, 1967, in Quang Tri, South Vietnam. He was 20 years old when he was killed.
Lance Corporal Bell is memorialized on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Panel 17E, line 17. He is buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery, PP #362
- Rank: Lance Corporal
- Date of birth: 27 March 1946
- Date of death: 22 March 1967
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 3rd Marine Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Jerry L. Bell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.