Specialist Four Jasper Duel Clardy, Served with Company C, 2nd Battalion, 12th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division, United States Army Vietnam.
The Kingsport News 29 December 1965
Bristol Youth is killed in Viet Fighting. Bristol – The parents of a Bristol serviceman, were informed Tuesday that he had been killed in action in Vietnam. Army Specialist 4 Jasper D. Clardy, 21, was struck in the head by small arms fire while on a combat mission in a valley about two miles from the Cambodian border, it was reported. Clardy’s parents are Henry Clardy, Route 2, Bristol and Chris Clardy, 1169 Alabama Street, Bristol. The body is expected to be returned to Bristol this week.
- Rank: Specialist 4th Class
- Date of birth: 29 November 1944
- Date of death: 28 December 1965
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Bristol
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: First Cavalry Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: at Glenwood Cemetery and Chapel Mausoleum, Bristol, TN, Sullivan County
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXIV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Jasper D. Clardy
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.