Born 17 March 1922
506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division, Company I
PFC Walker was killed in Normandy.
Age 22. Inducted U.S. Army, 1942. Killed in action June 10, 1944. Attended Hampton High School, Christian Church. Husband of Mrs. Madge Hensley Walker, Hampton, TN.
Buried at Happy Valley Memorial Park, Elizabethton, TN.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 10 June 1944
- County: Carter
- Hometown: Hampton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Burial/Memorial Location: Happy Valley Memorial Park, Elizabethton, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James W. Walker
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.