18th Infantry Regiment, 1st Division, Company C
James Walter Teague was born in Carter County, Tennessee, the son of Nathan A. Teague and Mary Jane Carver Teague. He was the brother of Josie Teague, Nola Teague, Nettie Teague, Earl Teague, Julie Teague, John Henry Teague, and Clara Belle Teague. He was the half-brother of Nathan L. Teague, Martha Lou Teague, Celia Etter Teague, Lille Teague, Marshal Teague, and Lina Teague. James W. Teague enlisted in the military on September 5, 1913 at the age of 21. He was killed in action on October 4, 1918. He is buried at Bell Cemetery in Limestone Cove.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 10 June 1892
- Date of death: 4 October 1918
- County: Unicoi
- Hometown: Unicoi
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company C, 18th Infantry Regiment, 1st Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Soissons, St. Mihiel
- Burial/Memorial Location: Bell Cemetery, Limestone Cove, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James W. Teague
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.