James Worley Stooksbury
Born 10 October 1919, Andersonville, TN
MIA 4 July 1945
Norris High School Alumnus. Commemorated on plaque at Norris Town Center, Norris, TN
Memorialized at the Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines.
Aircraft C-54 with Serialnumber 42-72370 departed from Barrackpore in India on a mission to Kunming, China.
Pilot, Captain Edwin N. Brissey
Co-Pilot, F/O Hugh C. Ferris
Qualified Duel, Captain Lewis H. Magin Jr.
Radio Operator, S/Sgt Elmer Sharpe
Aerial Engineer, S/Sgt James W. Stooksbury
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 10 October 1919
- Date of death: 4 July 1945
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Andersonville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 1345th Air Force Base Unit
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James W. Stooksbury
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.