James Wayman Stephens was born on 5 December 1931 to James Miller Stephens and Annie Maybelle Ivey.
Corporal Stephens was a member of the 5th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in North Korea.
Buried at Cumberland View Cemetery, Dixie Lee Junction, TN
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 5 December 1931
- Date of death: 11 October 1951
- County: Marion
- Hometown: Richard City
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 5th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean War Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cumberland View Cemetery, Dixie Lee Junction, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James W. Stephens
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.