Born 16 November 1915
Died of wounds 20 March 1944
30th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division, Company L
Pvt Norris was returned from Nettuno, Italy. Buried at Knoxville National Cemetery, B, 6704.
The Knoxville News-Sentinel, August 4, 1948
Pvt. James W. Norris, 29, son of Mr. and Mrs. L.G. Norris of Millertown Pike, killed in action March 20, 1944 in Italy. He was a graduate of Horace Manard High School of Maynardville and member of Union Baptist Church, Luttrell. Employe of a local textile mill.
Survivors; parents; sisters, Mrs. J.C. Green, Mrs. Ellis Troutman, Mrs. Mildred Trout, Mrs. Nellie Ruth Turner, all of Knoxville, Mrs. william Karnack, Detroit; brothers, Gilbert of Luttrell, Ralph, Corryton, William of Knoxville.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 16 November 1915
- Date of death: 20 March 1944
- County: Union
- Hometown: Millertown Pike
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 30th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James W. Norris
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.