James W. Mullins died non battle on an authorized P-51 training flight when his plane disintegrated at the altitude of approximately 3,000 feet, 2 miles south of Burton on Humber, Lincolnshire, England. Cause of death: compound fracture of skull with cerebral evisceration.
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 6 June 1924
- Date of death: 9 June 1944
- County: Washington
- Hometown: Johnson City
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 496th Fighter Group
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Monte Vista Memorial Park, Johnson City, Washington County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James W. Mullins
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.