Born 19 February 1919, Georgia
Died 6 June 1944, France
Son of William Hasking Chancey and Sara Lavada
112th Engineer Combat Battalion, Company C
Pvt Chancey was a resident of Polk County, Tennessee and enlisted on 4 September 1940 at Fort McPherson, Atlanta, George. He died on Omaha Beach, with the 112th Engineers. Mine explosion.
Buried at Barnes Chapel Cemetery, Blue Ridge, Fannin County, Georgia.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 19 February 1919
- Date of death: 6 June 1944
- County: Polk
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 112th Engineer Combat Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Barnes Chapel Cemetery, Blue Ridge, Fannin County, GA
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James W. Chancey
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.