James Wallace Black was born in Doyle, Tennessee. He is listed in State records under Johnson County.
He was the son of William Nelson Black and Sarah Yates. He died of disease on October 4, 1918 in France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 5 October 1891
- Date of death: 4 October 1918
- County: Fentress
- Hometown: Banner Springs
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 52nd Infantry
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Springs Chapel Cemetery, Banner Springs, Fentress County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James W. Black
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.